We should all be aware that we have become the individual we are today because of the many influencers in our lives: parents, siblings, extended family, high school friends, college friends, employers, co-workers and ultimately, the chief influencer, "JC" Himself.
Our life is the sum of all the parts these various influencers have contributed along our journey. Our exchanges with them has help mold us into the people we are today. In essence, success in life is built upon the foundation of relationships...genuine relationships that matter. Here's how you can be a key influencer in someone else's life.
Enjoy the list:
- Don't Just SAY you Care. Actually CARE. If you don't care, find something you do care about and focus attention on that. [DW: "People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care." - Unknown]
- Try to keep ONE channel where your "connections" are completely legitimate, and you don't add anyone you wouldn't truly vouch for.
- We all love to talk, to be heard, to express our opinions... but amazing things happen when we close our mouths and listen.
- Recognize that everyone has their own agenda, and find ways to create win/win scenarios.
- Put yourself in the other person's shoes. This is a BIGGIE, and failing to do it has gotten me into more trouble than I care to admit.
- Have passion..there is nothing more magnetic than someone completely "into" what they're doing.
- Smile: It makes the world wonder what you are up to... possibly enough to engage with you just to find out more.
- Be dependable. If you start a conversation or relationship... don't disappear. It creates distrust.
- Be authentic. Over-the-top-ism is a turn off. We hear over and over about appreciating people who are real - Don't create a persona of real... just be. Be OK with the fact that not everyone will like you. Successfully accomplishing this will be incredibly liberating.