Friday, April 24, 2009

Why Sit Here Until We Die?

There's a story in the Bible where four lepers come to the realization that they are going to die. Yet, while they await their dreaded demise, they also know that they can take some action to improve their lives, at least for the moment. They complete their simple debate with, "Why sit here until we die?" In other words, why sit around waiting for the end when we can do something significant with the little bit of life we have remaining.

That's me. I've decided that I've been "sitting" way too long. Time to do something if only to start a blog. So, here you go!

We only get one "at bat" with our lives, so why not try to hit a home run and help your team win the game? That's my quest. To help others be successful. I think Zig Ziglar once said that if you help enough people get what they want out of life, eventually you'll get what you want as well.

My hope is that the Lord Jesus Christ will use my life to make an impact on others. I want them to see how He is the difference between an average life and an outstanding, home run life.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment