Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Experts in "Failure" - Part 1

As I have attempted to make my mark in the Twitterverse, I've been amused at the mass of mini-philosophers (myself included) striving to pass along nuggets of truth in their efforts to encourage their "followers." The smart ones are striving to establish their brand, their personal online image, by offering consistent, informative bits and pieces each day. I will admit that I have reaped the benefits of their generosity.

One particular topic that gets a lot of tweet time is failure. Here are a few quotes I found on failure just by searching on www.search.twitter.com:

· Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. ~ Winston S. Churchill

· Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success.

· "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

· "There are NO secrets to success....It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure" -Colin Powell

Even found a short video:





Here's the question: Where do we find failure in the Bible?

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment