Friday, September 4, 2009

10 Simple Things Every Kid Wants to Hear

As school has begun, I wanted to empower you with something that would help you become a champion parent...

10 Simple Things Every Kid Wants to Hear
  1. Yes
  2. How can I pray for you?
  3. Will you forgive me?
  4. God has a plan for you!
  5. We are excited that you are growing up (entering a new stage of life)!
  6. I know it hurts.
  7. You are more important to me than...(you fill in the blank - report cards, work, sports, etc.).
  8. I am so glad you are in our family.
  9. I love you too much to let you do that.
  10. Try to be patient with me. I've never been the parent of a 10-year-old (or whatever the child's age is) before. (Caution: This only works on the firstborn!)

Be your kid's #1 fan...


Taken from The Parent Adventure by Rodney & Selma Wilson

Used with permission from HomeLife, July 2009
gadson

No comments:

Post a Comment