10 Simple Things Every Kid Wants to Hear
- How can I pray for you?
- Will you forgive me?
- God has a plan for you!
- We are excited that you are growing up (entering a new stage of life)!
- I know it hurts.
- You are more important to me than...(you fill in the blank - report cards, work, sports, etc.).
- I am so glad you are in our family.
- I love you too much to let you do that.
- Try to be patient with me. I've never been the parent of a 10-year-old (or whatever the child's age is) before. (Caution: This only works on the firstborn!)
Be your kid's #1 fan...
Taken from The Parent Adventure by Rodney & Selma Wilson
Used with permission from HomeLife, July 2009