Tuesday, March 2, 2010

How to Organize Your Day

I don't profess to be the most organized person. I do however, attempt to control my calendar otherwise it will control me. Too often I find that when I fail to do just that, I become slave to the urgent.

Here are some simple tips to help you organize your day:

1) Prioritize Your Agenda: Covey says, "Things that matter most should never come at the expense of things that matter least."

2) Deal with Conflicts: Saying "no" is a simple way to avoid scheduling conflicts. Know your limits, and don't stretch your schedule too far.

3) Use Tools for Organizing Your Day: Sometimes soliciting help is a great way to organize your day. If you just don't have time to get everything done, consider asking someone to help carry the load.

4) Consider using Scheduling Software: If you're concerned about missing appointments or forgetting when that important task is due, use the alarm feature on most desktop calendars and cell phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment