I just started The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson.
It's so good, I can't wait until I finish to give you some nuggets. These are all within the first 20 pages:
- "And even if the people could no longer hear God, he believed that God could still hear them."
- "His prayer was resolute yet humble, confident yet meek, expectant yet unassuming."
- "Bold prayers honor God, and God honors bold prayers."
- "If your prayers aren't impossible to you, they are insulting to God. Why? Because they don't require divine intervention."
- "There is nothing God loves more than keeping promises, answering prayers, performing miracles, and fulfilling dreams."
- "...the bigger the circle we draw, the better, because God gets more glory."
- "The greatest moments in life are the miraculous moments when human impotence and divine omnipotence intersect - and they intersect when we draw a circle around the impossible situations in our lives and invite God to intervene."
- "God is for you. If you don't believe that, then you'll pray small timid prayers; if you do believe it, then you'll pray big audacious prayers...your small timid prayers or big audacious prayers will change the trajectory of your life and turn you into two totally different people."
- "Prayers are prophecies. They are the best predictors of your spiritual future."
- "Who you become is determined by how you pray."
- "...the transcript of your prayers becomes the script of your life."
- "...getting what you want isn't the goal; the goal is glorifying God by drawing circles around the promises, miracles, and dreams He wants for you."
- "The greatest tragedy in life is the prayers that go unanswered because they go unasked."
You can get your copy by clicking here...